Comparison: Kindle Unlimited vs. Prime Reading

 Good afternoon, folks! Or morning, or evening - whatever time it is when you're reading this. I recently learned that prime reading was a thing... yep, how embarrassing, I call myself a bookworm and I didn't even know prime reading existed. Since I already have a have a Kindle Unlimited subscription, and I'm very happy with it, I wanted to know if I should stick with it, switch to prime reading, or heck - do both! I've done a little bit of research on the both of them and I'm here to share it with you today.

I've already talked about Kindle Unlimited in one of my other blog posts, which I will link here, so to just give a quick overview: Kindle Unlimited is a subscription service costing $10 a month that gives you access to over 2 million books, audio books, and magazines. 

Now, what is prime reading? According to Amazon, prime reading is a library of online books that is included in the Amazon Prime membership, and it gives readers access to over 2,500 books. Now, I wouldn't go purchasing an Amazon Prime membership just to get access to Prime Reading, but if you already are a Prime member, this is a nice little perk! 

A blog post I read on bookriot.com, linked here, stated that Prime Reading is just a subset of Kindle Unlimited. In another post, on ebookfriendly.com, linked here, I saw that Prime Reading actually rotates the titles included. So every so often they will get rid of some titles and replace them with new ones, which is pretty cool. But, at the end of the day, it is still the same titles as Kindle Unlimited. 

All in all, if you already have Kindle Unlimited, it seems that Prime Reading does not provide any new or different titles. But, if you want a little glimpse of what Kindle Unlimited would be like, you could start with Prime Reading - if you already have a Prime membership that is. Well, I'm definitely not as excited as I was at the beginning of this post... when I thought I could get access to even more titles with Prime Reading... but that OK. I hope you learned something! And if you have any other comments about either of these subscriptions, please leave them below! Thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts