The Amazon Kindle and How it Works

 

I’ve always been someone who loves to hold an actual book in my hands while I read it, but it can get expensive to be constantly buying new ones – not to mention, they take up a ton of space! Though I do enjoy having a collection of some of my favorite books, if I had a paper copy of every single book I’ve ever read, I would be absolutely drowning in books! Of course, there are other options for acquiring books: borrowing from friends, from a library, or renting/buying eBooks online. I can touch more on these different options in later posts, but today I’m going to be talking about the Amazon Kindle, which provides a convenient way to read a whole lotta books!

Amazon has released several different models of Kindles over the years (Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis, Kindle Kids, etc.) Several months back, my boyfriend was kind enough to surprise me with a Kindle after I mentioned that I wanted to buy myself one for my birthday. I have been using my Kindle for about five months now and have been loving it, which is why I want to share some information about it.

I have the regular Kindle, so that is what I will be talking about today. The Kindle comes in two colors (black and white) and there are two versions (ad-supported and without ads). The ad-supported version costs $89.99 while the without ads version costs $109.99. What is the difference between these two versions? The short answer is that one of them does not have any ads while the other shows ads as a screensaver while the kindle is not being used. I am going to link a blog post here from another blogger who goes into detail about the difference between the two. If you want to learn more about the difference, I suggest you check out this post: Click Here. The Kindle has a 6 inch display screen and 8 GB of storage. One of my favorite things about it is that the screen looks like real paper, not like a phone screen. Because of this, I feel it is much gentler on my eyes and a huge bonus is that I can read outside in the sun and not have to worry about a glare! The Kindle is small enough and lightweight enough for me to hold comfortably in one hand. Another awesome feature is the battery life. As I previously mentioned, I’ve had my Kindle for 5 months, and I seriously have only had to charge it a handful of times! One single charge can last for weeks. The display brightness, font, and text size are all adjustable to suit each person’s individual liking. I have truly loved using my Kindle because I can instantly download, rent, or buy books and it saves money and space. I recommend this product to all my friends and I recommend it to you as well! Here is the version that I have: Click Here. Even if the Amazon Kindle isn’t for you, I hope you learned something here. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts