Romance Novels are GOOD!!!

I’ll be the first to admit it, I LOVE reading romance novels. I’m talking about the ones that are a little cheesy, pretty predictable, and have a satisfying ending with a happily ever after. Some people think that when you read, you should read things that either make you smarter, or make you question and think deeply about things, or are just a challenging read in general, and all of those things can be great – but, it’s also perfectly fine to enjoy a book that’s easy to read, doesn’t make you even a tiny bit smarter or think about things on a deeper level. Reading can be whatever YOU want it to be. For me, it’s a form of stress relief. I love curling up in bed at the end of the day, sometimes with a cup of hot tea, and simply reading. Sometimes I enjoy a heart-racing thriller or an inspiring autobiography, but other times I want a quick read, that’s easy to get through, and has an ending that makes me happy. It’s just fine to read for fun, enjoyment, and  entertainment. You don’t have to feel like reading has to be this big project, where you’re always learning more and choosing books to “better yourself” somehow. Just read what you want when you want! Read what makes you happy! Read what is enjoyable to you and don’t feel guilty, embarrassed, or shamed about it. Remember, reading can be whatever YOU want it to be! And romance novels are GOOD!!!! Thanks for reading.  

Comments

Popular Posts