Book Review: Verity

Verity is a fictional suspense/thriller/romance novel written by Colleen Hoover. This book is one of Colleen Hoover's more recent ones, with it being published less than a year ago in October of 2021. 

This novel focuses on a writer named Lowen Ashleigh, who is not very popular and is struggling financially. She gets offered an incredible job - to finish a very successful series by popular author Verity Crawford, who was in an accident and can no longer write. This contract would bring her more money and more popularity. Lowen accepts the job and Verity's husband, Jeremy, invites her to the Crawford home so she can go through Verity's office and start piecing together some of Verity's notes/outlines for the final books in the series. When Lowen arrives at the Crawford home, things start to get weird, very... very... weird. 

This book was INCREDIBLE in the most creepy, disturbing, horrific way. Once again, Collen Hoover makes the characters feel incredibly real. We love some and we hate others. From the very beginning of this book, I was hooked. I just wanted to keep reading. The plot moves along smoothly and keeps you on your toes, that's for sure! And the ending is something I was never expecting, leaving me questioning what I had been believing all along. I especially like how this novel combined romance and suspense, though I know not everyone likes these two genres combined. It truly did have me on the edge of my seat multiple times and I still don't know how this author came up with such a wild story! 

I would definitely recommend this novel to anyone who likes suspense/thriller/mystery type novels. It is pretty dark and disturbing, so beware before reading! If you want to buy the book on amazon, click here. If you want to read more reviews on goodreads, click here. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts